Celebrating the 125th anniversary of the sailing of the "Viking" ship from Norway to America's World's Fair in Chicago.
• Viking Ship 125th anniversary welcome at 9 AM
• Swordsmen/actors perform at 10:30 AM and 3 PM
• Live Folk Music performances at 11 AM and 3 PM
• Traditional Maypole raising at Noon
• Dozens of Viking re-enactors, encampments, and displays
• Scandinavian and American foods all day
• Viking and Scandinavian vendors all day
• Guided tours of the 1893 Viking Ship included!
• Children's activities all day
$10.00 per person at the gate
(Children 12 and under are free)
Tours of the Viking Ship are included!
The Viking was built at Christen Christensen’s Framnes Shipyard in Sandefjord, Norway in 1892-93. It was copied after the ancient Viking ship Gokstad. Excavated in 1880, the Gokstad had been called the most beautiful ship ever built.
The Viking is approximately 78 feet long, 17 feet wide, and 6.5 feet high from the bottom of the keel to the gunwale. It is now housed at Good Templar Park.
Swedish Day 2018
CELEBRATING 108 YEARS!
Svenskarnas Dag is the Midwest's oldest Midsummer festival, dating back to 1911. Swedish Day is held on the 3rd Sunday of June at Good Templar Park, 528 East Side Drive, Geneva, IL 60134.
This ethnic festival, organized by the Swedish Day Committee of IOGT, has entertained the Fox Valley area for generations. Come Join us for the Maypole Celebration, Swedish crafts, traditional Swedish food and the natural beauty of Good Templar Park.
$10 per person under 12 Free
If you would like more information, please contact us.